Plans for the desktop beyond Fedora 7, status update

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu May 31 16:28:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 08:57 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > I thought it might be a good idea to catch the moment before the release
> > of Fedora 7 to give a quick update on where we stand with respect to
> > Fedora 8 features. I have also updated those feature pages with pointers
> > to review bugs, etc, but here is a summary:
>
> How about the superficial surface of the desktop, the artwork? Will it
> be again handled by the RH Desktop Team? Have you hired a replacement
> for Diana? Is that new person open to work in some way with the Art Team?

It is unlikely that we have a full-time graphical artist in the desktop
team in time for F8; I think the discussion about how to best approach
the F8 artwork should probably be had on fedora-art-list. Some points to
consider:

- We really need to clean up some of the artwork packaging

- If we land the BetterStartup feature in F8, it should hopefully
  simplify a lot of the bootup graphics that have very specific
  requirements

Matthias