Plans for the desktop beyond Fedora 7

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue May 8 10:46:19 UTC 2007

Hey Matthias,

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 13:28 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> The desktop team has recently started to think about what things we want
> to focus on beyond F7, and what we want to improve in the Fedora 8
> timeframe.
>
> While there are no very detailed specs and commitments yet, I have put
> together some preliminary information in the wiki, and I'd like to
> share it with the interested public on this mailing list. Feel free
> to comment and discuss. There will be some more feature descriptions
> in the near future, and the ones I have begun will hopefully be fleshed
> out more fully by their respective owners.
>
> Matthias
>

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePulseaudio

I added my soundcard use cases to the page. I posted them quite some
time ago, at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/utopia-list/2005-July/msg00001.html
And I believe they're pretty good starting points as well.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePolicyKit

For use case 3, I guess that Ray's girlfriend shouldn't be able to
shutdown the computer, as Ray is busy downloading *cough*art-house
movies*cough*. Shouldn't it be only the "principal" user that should be
able to choose whether other users can shut down the computer?

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBigboard

And let's add http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBluetooth

I hope a lot of the Bluetooth SoC work will clear that up, although the
subject is so wide that one person is far from enough to take it on by
themselves...

Cheers