fedora 6/7 - why do you ignore k3b by default?

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Wed May 16 11:04:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 12:10 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >Its Open/Save dialogs
> > look strange and do not include the bookmarks available in all other
> > applications, the order of "OK"/"Cancel" buttons in dialogs is
> weird,
> > the menu structure is bad (instead of Edit > Preferences it have
> > Settings). I could go with this more and more
>
> Come on, are you really serious?
> Almost every app has differently places some buttons or menu... Try
> using some really different app like gaim ie. pidgin - what would you
> say to that app?

The whole point of the GNOME HIG is so that all core GNOME applications
are consistent in look and feel.  GAIM/Pidgin is not a core GNOME
application and makes little effort to follow the HIG, however if you
look at the UI for Gossip you will see an IM client that integrates far
better with GNOME.

One of the reasons that Apple has been praised for its desktop is
because of the ruthless application of their HIG to all parts of the
system.  This means that the learning curve for new users is
significantly lower.

Keith.