shutdown compared ubuntu vs fedora

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:00:05 UTC 2007

> The logout dialog is one of the best-hated derivations from upstream
> that you can find in Ubuntu.

Hated by whom? And why? Can you explain a bit?

>Don't expect us to blindly follow them
> where they err, just because it looks shiny.

I don't care if it is ubunut, gentoo, opensuse or fedora... but when I
as a user see when one distro has taken one component and really made
it shine (not as eyecandy) for users and made it much more user
friendly and made it better usabillity wise ie. big icons that users
get right away - that makes me want to see that kind of progress on
all other linux desktops.

Why do you thing that it is a mistake? Because they did it themselves
independent of Gnome? I thought that it was part of gnome but that
just fedora wasn't using it.

Gnome people should see this as work done for them and include it in
gnome.... if they like it. Or atlest give us users option to choose
which shutdown button we would use.