fedora 6/7 - why do you ignore k3b by default?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Wed May 16 18:14:35 UTC 2007

ons, 16 05 2007 kl. 19:53 +0200, skrev Valent Turkovic:

> I don't see any better integration from gossip with Gnome in any case
> - I would say that they are both nicely integrated with Gnome desktop.
> Second thing is feature wise you can't even compare the two. Gossip is
> jabber client and gaim is general IM client. I use ICQ, jabber and
> other IM protocols. Gossip can't do anything beside jabber protocol.
> Plus gossip crashed 4-5 times before it connected to our local network
> jabber server!!! Gaim is much more stable! I prefer stability and
> features of gaim any time over gossip's "Gnome HIG compatibillity" and
> better "Gnome integration" - especially because gaim integrates great
> with the gnome desktop.

I use Gossip for about 16 hours a day without a crash. It was also
forked into the Empathy program to support Telepathy so we could get
support for all manners of functionality including VoIP,
Videoconferencing and naturally multiple IM protocols.

Using Empathy I'm currently chatting on MSN and Jabber (only protocols I
use currently), works fine - we should be able to offer users an
improved communications experience with gar better integration and a
more userfriendly interface in F8 using Empathy.

- David