fedora 6/7 - why do you ignore k3b by default?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu May 17 09:00:22 UTC 2007

> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 12:20:29 David Nielsen wrote:

> > I'd opt for making the integration more visible rather than doing the
> > cope out of including a seperate application.

There's zip reason a separate application can not be integrated. See
sound-juicer in rhythmbox. All you need is to pass info from the
picture/sound/whatever app to the burning app so it starts in the right
mode without requiring the user to re-enter info.

I'd rather have a full-featured integrated gnome burning app than a
limited nautilus mode that forces users to search and install a
non-integrated burning app as soon as they have non-trivial burning
needs.

You'll note that historically all the fancy integrated nautilus views
have been replaced by dedicated apps in GNOME. Nautilus modes do not
scale. They embark too much "file manager"-oriented garbage that
clutters the UI and leaves no place for more task-oriented menus and
widgets.

--
Nicolas Mailhot