fedora 6/7 - why do you ignore k3b by default?

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sun May 20 20:42:02 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On 5/18/07, Skunk Worx <skunkworx at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> > Can you please give a bit more of much needed attention to k3b?
>> >

>> Personally I'm glad they keep things to a minimum. It seems like every
>> PC I've used for media mastering is a little odd.
>>
>> ---
>
> I know that powerusers have milion an one way to bake a cake... but
> what message do you send to new users? DOn't use linux... it's not for
> you!?!

I don't think this message is being sent. The Fedora online help clearly
explains how to write using the default gnome tools.

One of the most common complaints about Linux is there are too many ways
to do things.

The Fedora KDE live-cd has k3b on it. It's kind of nice to have the
option to try either desktop then decide to install your favorite on the
hard drive.

> k3b works great on all mine systems (3 laptops and 1 deskop with every
> hardware and linux distro mix you can think off).

I'm not a power user, I had to google to see all the various problems
people were having with reading and writing on various hardware and
software platforms to learn how to deal with them.

My experience differs from yours. Last year about 1/8 writers I tested
had issues requiring firmware or software updates before they would
reliably burn using...anything.

---
John