Fedora 7 Installation Issue

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri Nov 23 17:34:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, FRANCISCO ESTREMERA wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> When the installation process get to the point in which it ask me for
> the files, the option list does not shows DVD. When I select CDROM, the
> disk is not detected despite that the PC booted suscesfully and the BIOS
> "see" the DVD.

This happens w/ SATA and Firewire attached optical disks.  Send us the
output of dmesg(1).  Try an FC8 ISO.

~BAS

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, fem

> Get easy, one-click access to your favorites.  Make Yahoo! your homepage.

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

     "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
     You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
     ~Maynard James Keenan