automatic unlocking of keyring

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 21:25:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 11:38 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> As some may remember, we turned automatic unlocking of
> keyrings at login time off at a late time in the F8 schedule,
> since it was not working properly with our pam configuration.
>
> pam has meanwhile gained a new feature that will hopefully
> allow this to work reliably (substack). I have built
> gdm-2.21.2-0.2007.11.20.4.fc9 and gnome-keyring-2.20.2-2.fc9
> in rawhide with this turned on.
>
> Please try it and tell me if it works for you.

Nice work. Almost there:

 1. Logging in via fingerprint auth; doesn't work.. but that's expected

 2. Logging in via password; unlocking keyring works fine

 3. Change password

 4. Logging in via password; doesn't unlock keyring

 5. Change back to old password

 6. Logging in via password; unlocking keyring works fine

So I think you're missing the bit where the keyring password is updated.

HTH,
David