new user creation module in firstboot

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 21:35:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 15:43 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 03:34:04PM -0400, Ben Konrath wrote:
> > I'm working on a new user creation module for the new and improved
> > firstboot. I created a little video to give people an idea of the UI
> > interaction:
> > http://bagu.org/scratch/createuser.ogv
>
> Email address? Where's that going to go? What will it be used for? And isn't
> my e-mail address username at localhost?

The Email address is intended to used to pull in account information
from mugshot so using username at localhost wouldn't really work.

> There should also be an advanced button so that parameters like userid can
> be selected.

This user creation module is intended to be used by desktop users, not
systems administrators so having a place to select advanced options like
userid doesn't really make sense. FWIW, the current user creation module
doesn't have those options for local users either.

Cheers, Ben