esc by default?

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 21:25:17 UTC 2007

> Should this be optional? Does this actually get used under Fedora?

As a general rule of thumb we do try hard to ship as many drivers /
hardware enablement features as possible. I'm not sure why esc is any
different?

Maybe.. because of the fact that it's a resource hog (both in terms of
eating cycles and taking up disk space). At least it was like this the
last time I looked [1].

(Btw, for me, the resource hog issue alone should be enough to kick it
out of the default install. Think boot time, live image size etc. And if
this is the case, we should just say it like it is. It might also help
get someone to fix it.)

      David

[1] : for starters, they ship their own mozilla stack