new user creation module in firstboot

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Oct 5 04:01:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:37:10PM -0400, Ben Konrath wrote:
> Matt: How do you get around not being able to specify the uid in the
> current firstboot user creation module? - Just curious.

Skip it. Log in as root on text console, create user with useradd. Which I'm
fine with continuing to do, although it'd be *nice* to skip this step.

(If I'm installing BU Linux, I can, because we've made our own replacement
firstboot module which looks up the user id from our ph/qi server. But I
often install vanilla Fedora or CentOS.)