Detecting dbus session

Alexander Boström abo at kth.se
Sun Oct 28 22:26:59 UTC 2007

sön 2007-10-28 klockan 07:53 -0400 skrev Jesse Keating:
> > Yup. And a user might have multiple sessions on a single computer.
> > Think multiple logins to the guest account, or one log in through
> GDM
> > and one session established via ssh. Stuff like that happens.
>
> If this is the case, then wouldn't it make sense to have a
> NetworkManagerDispatcher option to run things in the active session?

I really don't know enough about NM and DBus to understand all the
issues, but perhaps it's better if such things go through the system
bus? If root or some part of the system wants to tell me something, I
should have something that hooks up to the system bus and accepts input
of that kind. Would that work? There could be several of those on each
system, for different sessions and different users.

/abo