early-gdm redux ( I am sorry my way is better faster... for a desktop )

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:29:55 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> That might work for a single user, but what about a family of users
> that want to share photos?  If anything I would suggest a webdav
> enabled svn repo than rsync+cron.  Drag and drop data, instant
> revision control.  With some ldap and apache magic you can get user
> privileges refined as well.

maybe you missed my point.  I'm not talking about a central file
server that can have mature ldap and apache implementation. This isn't
a small business network, with central management. This is a home
network that has maybe on average 3 personal computers in use on the
network.  I'm talking about smb/cifs enabled "bricks" you go to a
retail store to purchase then plug into your home network and they are
expected to act like a windows file share that can be accessed from
each of those home computers.

-jef