No Desktop Live CD?

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 12:39:33 UTC 2007

Related to this, the torrents page (being the default download page
that users land on from clicking "Get Fedora") is pretty bad:

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Looking at it, you have to know what FEL means, what Live means, and
even if you know those, what are the tradeoffs for Developer versus
the (we need to call it Desktop not just -Live), etc?

It also encourages people to download the DVD which is silly.

The "Live media" x86_64 images not fitting on a CD is confusing; we
need to at least note on the page that you need a USB key.

If we rearranged this page to be around descriptions of the different
spins it would be a lot clearer:

* The Fedora Desktop spin is suitable for ...[text]  | [i386] [ppc]
[x86_64] (note requires USB key)
* The Fedora KDE spin is ...[text] | [i386] [ppc]
* The Fedora Electronic lab includes... [text]  | [i386]

This reorganization would also help explain what to name the files for
the download links.