Nautilus default in spatial mode?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 18 06:11:05 UTC 2007

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Nicu Buculei escribió:
>>
>> Changing the default from Spatial to Browser could also generate the
>> backslash of people ranting on their blogs about Browser not being the
>> best choice, blog complaints are not an useful metric.
>
> If that were the case, why doesn't people complaint about Konqueror
> being "browser mode - only"? I too believe that the default should be

Probably because Konqueror was always browser only?

> made the mode which is actually *easier* to use and not the more
> "convenient" to use, as apparently only "Power Users" like and use

This may be because effective use of our spatial mode require unusual
shortcuts (double-click with the wheel), which only "power users" bother
to remember.

> spatial mode (I still have to find someone who likes it in the first
> place). From a user perspective, it would seem that regular users and
> inexperienced users are the ones pleading for browser mode.

I won't argue either way, I don't have the means to conduct such
experiment but someone else in this thread (Brian) argued for the
opposite, so I believe you found at least one :p