Nautilus default in spatial mode?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 18 06:24:58 UTC 2007

Rogue wrote:

> I got my mom to use fedora, and now she enjoys the browser-mode better,
> /especially/ the bookmarks mode.

Is any possibility she like the browser mode because she learned how to
use it from you?

I can understand people liking the browser mode for the tree view or for
the history view, but bookmarks are very convenient also in spatial
using the Places menu.

> Given that Fedora does create a helpful directory structure, like
> Documents, Music, Pictures, etc.,[1], I think we should try and promote
> the browser mode.

After this talk I looked a little at the browser mode: I tend to like it
the best with the sidebar and toolbar off, it looks much like spatial
but have inversed shortcuts and the useful location bar (instead of the
location drop-down).

> Now, if people think that it is an extremely bad idea, then how about
> providing a simple wizard, which will provide options like:

Like a second first boot screen?