Suggestions for Firefox benchmarks

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:41:46 UTC 2007

Hello,

I find Firefox on Fedora Core 7 to be near unusably slow. As such, I
am hoping for some suggestions on how I came quantify Firefox's
performance.

At present, I only have relative evidence:
On Firefox/Fedora I only have "Dom Inspector", "Adblock", and
"DownloadThemAll" where as on my much slower laptop machine
Firefox/WinXP has the same addons, plus many more with no noticeable
slowdowns.

I do have Flash 9 installed, however, I have seen no correlation
between Flash and slowdowns. At one point i hit a vmsize for firefox
of over 900MB, unfortunately I didn't take proper note of the
circumstances.

Since I haven't done anything special to Firefox, I'm hoping to gather
some more objective information, possible find out if there is really
a problem.

Please advise,
Arthur Pemberton

( www.pembo13.com )