Desktop SIG meeting today

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 6 03:25:30 UTC 2007

Colin Walters wrote:

> I would allow people to type in their real name and autogenerate a unix
> username from that (like guest-account[1] does), but if they choose not
> to just pick some default.
>
> [1] https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/guest-account

Guest account and the ideas surrounding letting users take pics of
themselves via a cam reminded me of a few things

* Cheese - For taking pics of themselves via a cam

* Good photo management application - f-spot might be a good choice but
pulls in mono

* Desktop search - beagle or tracker

* Video editing - pick one of

http://digital-filmmaking.blogspot.com/2007/08/video-editing-options-for-linux.html

* SELinux guest user policy looks very useful if exposed nicely.
http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/10461.html.

Rahul