meeting channel (was Re: meeting time)

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 14:12:19 UTC 2007

Hi,
> > I would be up for using a different channel just because it would be
> > easier to post irc logs.  right now, getting the logs means sifting
> > through all the other meetings so I never volunteer when mether asks for
> > them.
> >
> Having all the meetings in one channel was done so people who wanted to
> stay informed of multiple parts of fedora could log one channel to see
> what was going on.  This helps to spread your message outside of your
> particular group to the larger community.
One thing that might be interesting would be if #fedora-meeting could
have a bot that does logging automatically and puts them up somewhere.

I've seen irc meetings before where they do things like

docbot start meeting
docbot stop meeting

and it automatically posts logs somewhere.  If we had that kind of bot,
then everyone who used #fedora-meeting could benefit from it.

--Ray