early-gdm redux ( I am sorry my way is better faster... for a desktop )

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:36:31 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > S42NetworkManagerDispatcher
> >      Here we get the "parallel" boot that everyone talks about.
> >      Based on whether the network is up or down we get.
> >           S04iscsi
> >           S05iscsid
> >           S10ntpd
> >           S15autofs
> >           S16netfs
> >                 I have both these scripts checking if necessary rpc
> > services are running and
>
> Question here from the peanut gallery. Do you still have chkconfig and
> system-config-services "control" of the services being handled by
> Dispatcher?

I tentatively have a working config.   I added N as another runlevel
that chkconfig can turn on and off.  The problem is that the scripts
are slightly different for NMDispatcher than standard init.  I am
starting to lean more towards having another tab in
system-config-services that manages them like xinetd.  I am open to
suggestions though.

Jon