panel launchers

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 14:03:49 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Thomas J. Baker <tjb at unh.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 14:19 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > I have built my preferred-apps-panel-launcher code into rawhide now.
> > Let me know if you see any problems with it.
> >
> > Matthias
> >

> How are these launchers accessed? On an existing account, can one be
> added to a panel? Or are they only for newly created accounts?

On a related note, one tool that would be nice to have is a "desktop
reset" control that you can run when you upgrade between Fedora/GNOME
releases to see the new upstream changes.  Basically just save the
/apps/panel, desktop background GConf keys, reset them to the default,
then have an "undo" to switch back.  Possibly pop it up automatically
when /etc/fedora-release changes from the last one it saw?