gio / gvfs changes

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 00:58:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
>  For GNOME, as you may know, we're shipping gvfs as a new component in
>  this release. One key feature is the fuse mount that is provided by
>  gvfs-fuse. Meaning that any gvfs file system is available to POSIX apps
>  from $HOME/.gvfs. Now, we haven't fully exploited this feature until the
>  patch introduced here

As an aside a ran into a problem on a fresh rawhide install yesterday
with not being able to remove the .gvfs directory even when the user
wasn't logged in..while doing user system maintenance as an admin...
this sort of thing really crimps your ability to remove user accounts
and associated home directories.  I can't seem to reproduce it
reliably, it's happening somewhat sporadically, and whenever it
happens a reboot 'fixes' it...but I'm still trying to figure out why
its happening at all.

-jef"tis' a mystery"spaleta

-jef