GNOME 2.24 feature

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 02:50:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 22:22 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 21:42 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Yes.  The live images are constantly hitting up against the limit of the
> > size of a CD.  And as long as we're doing "CD", that will be the case.
> > Because as soon as a size gap opens up (due to something shrinking or
> > removing something, etc), something immediately comes in to fill it.
>
> Can't we switch to DVD's already? Would also mean we could include
> OpenOffice etc. thus making the delta to the legacy install media close
> to nil.

Hey, I've been pushing for it for years :-)

But the last time I tried, the pushback was very strong from parts of
the world such as India and South America.  Where they had citations
about lack of availability of media and burners, etc.  And as we try to
push the (desktop) live image as the "best" method of getting Fedora,
taking those concerns into account seems pretty valid to me.

Jeremy