GNOME 2.24 feature

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 03:35:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 23:26 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> > But the last time I tried, the pushback was very strong from parts of
> > the world such as India and South America.  Where they had citations
> > about lack of availability of media and burners, etc.  And as we try to
> > push the (desktop) live image as the "best" method of getting Fedora,
> > taking those concerns into account seems pretty valid to me.
>
> *cough* region-localized images *cough*

So now rather than having one set of images which we build, test,
mass-produce and send around the world, we have to maintain N.  Which
adds whole new logistics problems.  Not to mention infrastructure/mirror
space, lowered torrent efficiency, and other things of that nature.

So it basically ends up trading off one set of problems for another,
different one.

Jeremy