Screensaver cleanup

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Dec 11 16:04:56 UTC 2008

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 06:39 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Has there been any thought cleaning up the screen savers?
>>
>> Get rid of those that were made in the dark ages and arent worth a GPU
>> cycle on
>> todays modern graphic cards and defaulting to more of an eye candy to
>> enhance end-user(s)
>> experience.
>>

> The only ones I have in the gnome-screensaver list are: blank, random,
> cosmos, fedora bubbles, gnome feet, the blue pop are squares, and the
> pictures folder slideshow.  Which of these are you opposed to?

The defaults are fine they are just missing some eye candy :)

> Also, we've been moving more to a model where the screen just turns off,
> in the name of saving power.

That explains the bug I came across in anaconda when the screen went
black after
a while and I was unable to proceed with the install  :)

So for us in the world that do have juice but dont have money :- )
( Icelanders )

How can I turn this feature off..

And this *feature* only applies to run level 5 right?

JBG