volume control changes

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 17:08:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 10:58 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Hey, just thought I should mention that we are currently landing some of
> the volume control improvements in rawhide that we are working on for
> F11. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VolumeControl for more
> details. After things have settled, you should notice that the mixer
> applet is gone and instead a volume control icon shows up automatically
> in the notification area.

(dislaimer: I haven't actually tried this feature so maybe I'm speaking
out of my ass.)

Maybe this is just a small thing or me being suffering from OCD or
something else or all of the above or a combination of the above.
However. Can we make turn the volume control back into an applet? I
really want it to be in the bottom right corner (Fitt's law, all that),
not mingling with other notification icons...

    David