Fedora and 3D Desktop

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:28:22 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 3:47 AM, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some distributions ask during the
> install if users would like to start 3D desktop feature, and in Fedora
> users usually need to know exactly where to go to enable 3D effects.
> I'm not saying that one is better that the other, just saying what I
> see on other distros.

In the future, please do not make general comparisons about 'other
distros' when you want to make a comparative statement.  If you want
to make a comparison, say specifically which distros you want other
people to look at. There's absolutely no way for me to know which
distros you are talking about.. and i'm sure as hell not going to
start randomly installing distros from distrowatch in an effort to
understand exactly what you are talking about.

Valent, you have already commented in another location that you want
to see podcasts. Here's is a perfect example where YOU could have
provided some sort of video podcast for the rest of us to watch so the
we can understand exactly what you are talking about.. It would have
been a very good use of a video podcast.  Making some rather
generalized statements about unspecified 'other distros' doesn't give
us enough information to even have a competent dialog.

In the future, you must be more specific.

-jef.

-jef