yum-presto on Live CD?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:31:45 UTC 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 1:52 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can you please tell me if yum-presto plugin will be installed by default
> > on fedora 9 live cd?
>
> Unlikely since there are no official mirrors hosting delta rpm packages.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration
>
> Rahul

This is the email I sent to opensuse packaging mailing list:

Hi,
let me first introduce myself. I'm a Fedora contributor and Fedora
Ambassador for Croatia, but I'm not directly part od Fedora board or
Fedora Project.

Still I would like to ask you for assistance in one matter that you
have more experience dealing that Fedora - and that is deltarpm.
Fedora 9 features list has Presto[1] on it - it is a yum plugin that
handles deltarpms during updates.
Currently the deltarpm integration is stuck because the infrastructure
team is stuck[2] in its implementation.

Is there some way in which you can help with your longer experience
with handling deltarpm files so that this greatly needed feature comes
on by default in Fedora 9?

Is there some other list that is more specialized on this sort of
topics that I would be better of trying elsewere?

Cheers,
Valent from Croatia.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration