OOo Draw in the menus

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Feb 15 07:04:07 UTC 2008

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Actually that's what one of the users who complained about it told me.
> Apparently Draw is very good at making diagrams, where Inkscape is
> better suited for other (more advanced) drawing tools. Sure you can
> still make diagrams in Inkscape, but apparently it is fairly easy to do
> them in Draw. I think it would be a good idea to give Draw its own menu
> entry. Now as to per that bugzilla "convention" the name for it should
> only be "Draw!" or "Drawing Tool" and to avoid confusion maybe a comment
> along the lines of "A document centric drawing tool, that uses the open
> document format" or some such.

If is any worth into it, when the decision was made Inkscape was not
part of Fedora *Core* and neither now is part of the default install on
the majority of Fedora spins, that leave us with only one drawing
application in the default install, OOo Draw, which is not included in
any menu, so very un-discoverable by common users.
So i think either install Inkscape by default (in the spins related to
the desktop usage) or put Draw in the menu.