How to remove some mounted partition icons?

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 11:48:23 UTC 2008

David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
>I'd like to think that if you have a dedicated partition that you
>actually go through the trouble of mounting at a non-standard mount
>point, then it's because you have data on it that you want to access. If
>you want to access the data, then you should get an icon on the desktop.

That's a non sequitur.  Our standard kickstart installation sets up a /data
partition.  It's used to hold Oracle database and seismic data files,
neither of which can sensibly be accessed through an icon on the desktop.

The fact that /data is a separate partition is irrelevant to our customers.
It shouldn't appear on the desktop.

Ron