musings on session service mgmt

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 16:51:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 11:46 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> One problem here is that too many apps set exit-on-disconnect false with
> D-Bus to work around bugs in the stupid app where the app gets kicked
> off the bus for doing something bad.

That is a per-connection property and only apps connecting to the system
bus does this. The app would presumably have a libx11 or session bus
connection and that would force to exit(). Otherwise we reap it with
SIGHUP.

(Btw, even though HUP means "Hang Up Now", many programs abuse this
signal to mean "reload config" or "reexec yourself" or whatever the
want. But I guess we can fix that small proportion of programs.)

       David