Re: How to remove some mounted partition icons?

Colin Walters wrote:
On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 10:58 -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:

Personally in response to your issue, I remind you of what you probably already know- There is absolutely no reason you NEED to have a *&@#!!! file manager as your desktop. Just gconf nautilus away from your desktop, and then open nautilus/places from your main menu, or a panel launcher when you need to.

Amen.  Hopefully some day we'll be able to escape the "desktop" metaphor
with something more useful; nemo-like or OLPC journal-like.

We already can: use the maximize button. On my main laptop every top-level window is always maximized, with the exception of Nautilus and terminal windows. In fact I often go months without seeing my desktop. It doesn't even matter how messy it is! Except that I just cleaned it up halfway through writing this message.

:)

Zack