How to remove some mounted partition icons?

Zack Cerza zcerza at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 20:41:34 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 10:58 -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:
>
>> Personally in response to your issue, I remind you of what you probably
>> already know- There is absolutely no reason you NEED to have a *&@#!!!
>> file manager as your desktop.  Just gconf nautilus away from your
>> desktop, and then open nautilus/places from your main menu, or a panel
>> launcher when you need to.
>
> Amen.  Hopefully some day we'll be able to escape the "desktop" metaphor
> with something more useful; nemo-like or OLPC journal-like.

We already can: use the maximize button. On my main laptop every
top-level window is always maximized, with the exception of Nautilus and
terminal windows. In fact I often go months without seeing my desktop.
It doesn't even matter how messy it is! Except that I just cleaned it up
halfway through writing this message.

:)

Zack