Media handling changes in F9

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 22:10:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 12:18 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 11:18 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Currently, the following content types have been introduced:
>
> Does the new world order gracefully handle the case of mixed media, for example
> an audio cd that has a data partition as well as audio data?

Yes it does. Although you'd need applications to use the libcdio-based
CD source in GStreamer applications for this to work. We haven't done
that yet, as the libcdio source in GStreamer is really slow.

David had some screenshots somewhere, but I don't have them at hand.

Hopefully, the libcdio problems will be sorted before F9.

Cheers