Re: Flash videos in Fedora 9 via swfdec or proprietary plugin?

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 16:32 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

So there is really going to be proprietary free flash in fedora? Whoow, great news!

Flash video is going to be pretty much impossible to support in Fedora
itself. The best we can do here is to add codeina support and then
a) hope that fluendo or somebody else offer a legal flash video codec
via that channel

and/or

b) someone adds third-party repository support to codeina and we leave
it to the users to find the right repositories

Just to be clear I did this:

mv /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so \
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so.bad

yum install swfdec-mozilla -y
yum install gstreamer-ffmpeg -y