Flash videos in Fedora 9 via swfdec or proprietary plugin?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:21:42 UTC 2008

2008/1/26 Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 19:26 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >
> > I removed macromedia flash plugin and then installed swfdec and
> > gstreamer-ffmpeg (both from livna) and under Fedora 8 nothing works, not
> > even the audio. I saw that swfdec in F8 is 0.5.3 and in rawhide its
> > 0.5.5 so maybe this is too old version...
>
> That swfdec for F8 your using is from livna I'm assuming, which doesn't
> have pulse audio or gstreamer support enabled.
>
> Later,
> /B

Yes from livna. But one in Rawhide should work? As I said on swfdec
mailing list it still doesn't work in rawhide even after installing
all gstreamer plugins and gstreamer-ffmpeg

Am I missing something?

On Fedora 8 I tried also coping
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libswfdecmozilla.so from rawhide to fedora 8,
just to see if it will work :)
It didn't :)

Valent.

--