Re: Proposal: Install swfdec by default.

On Jan 11, 2008 11:38 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera redhat com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 11:45 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Currently, we don't install any free flash implementations by default,
> > but now that swfdec-gnome has become part of GNOME(1), I would like to
> > propose that we install swfdec-gnome (& possibly swfdec-mozilla) by
> > default starting with F9.
>
> People will go to YouTube, DailyMotion and plenty of other places, and
> it won't work because the plugin needs to implement GStreamer's missing
> plugins. Then missing plugins will be automatically installed
> (hopefully).

Even with installed plugins most sites don't work. Youtube works but that is it.
You can read my report about swfdec in my previous posts for more
details. fedoratv.com wasn't working yesterday with swfdec when I
tried it :(

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/