Slowness getting back on network from resume

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 16:02:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 11:40 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Second, Mac OS X and Windows indicate connection differently from
> NetworkManager.  Mac OS X will show that Airport is "connected" way
> before it's successfully completed DHCP or IP assignment.  That's a
> completely useless status since you can't actually do anything in that
> state, so NetworkManager considers the "connected" state to be once all
> IP configuration is complete and successful.

I wouldn't lump Windows in here necessarily.  As I stated in my mail
that by the time I clear the screen lock, not only is the wireless
connected, but it's actually communicating with the Internet, enough to
get my gmail refreshed.

The rest of the info is good, this feels like fit/polish that could go a
long way either for the good, or if left along go a long way for the
bad.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!