Slowness getting back on network from resume

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 14:51:03 UTC 2008

This likely isn't any desktop component that is causing this, but I'd
like to know what it is that makes getting back on wireless network
after resuming from suspend take so long.  I've bee comparing with Vista
on my laptop just for giggles, and Vista is back on the wireless and FF
even refreshes my gmail before I can get my password typed into the
screen lock.  This is all very very very fast.  F9 on the other hand
takes longer to get to the password dialog and then once unlocked it can
still be another minute+ before NM starts the connection dance, another
30 seconds after that before wireless picks up again.  Where is the
delay?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!