Slowness getting back on network from resume

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 19:47:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is Windows caching the IP & scan information across suspend/resume?

I'm required to use a Windows laptop for $DAYJOB, and I noticed the
same, fast, behavior when going from the office (wired network) to
wireless at home. I've not done any actual speed comparisons, nor can
I do so today (working from home due to my bum shoulder for
awhile....)

I also notice my Windows machine can be slow as a dog, thrashing the
hard disk, and I have no tools to diagnose that like I would on Fedora
(my first guess is the stupid antivirus). You win some, you lose some
:)