Re: A new user management tool

On 05/23/2008 11:19 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
Could we just call it "Login name"?

Is not "user name" better? For me, that has been using Unix-based system for over 20 years, that is far more easy to understand. Although, I have to admit that "login name" is better than "short name". I would never have known what "short name" was used for, if I saw it on "create a new user account" screen. So, as the dialog says "user account", "User name" would also be the logical choice.

/Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars homer se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/