gnome-dvb-daemon packaging?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Nov 20 20:19:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've already got quite a few packages on my plate (upstream and
> downstream), and I'm looking for somebody willing to package (and use!)
> gnome-dvb-daemon:
> http://www.k-d-w.org/node/58
> http://live.gnome.org/DVBDaemon
>
> I'd be happy packaging gnome-dvb-daemon itself if it comes down to that,
> but I'd appreciate any help getting the dependencies into Fedora proper.

gnome-dvb-daemon appears to require gst-plugins-bad, which is verboten
in Fedora.  The rest of the dependencies appear to already be in
Fedora, except that libgee isn't quite new enough.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"