Sudo for first user

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:28:55 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You can add the following snippet to the fedora-desktop ks file into a init
> script to make sudo just work for the first user. It can't be added to %post
> since firstboot wouldn't have launched then. Let me know what you think:

I'm not sure what the point of this is honestly - you already know who
the user is on the LiveCD, so you can just give them sudo in %post.

For the install case (which I think is what you're getting at here), I
personally would rather fix this the Right Way(TM) for both LiveCD and
installations from DVD, which is to give %wheel sudo in the sudo
package, and offers an option in firstboot 'Make this user an
administrator?'

The reasoning against that is that it brings up issues when using a
centralized authentication service - I think that we could probably
make authconfig smart enough to yank that out if that's the case.