Desktop team meetings?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 17:37:27 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Is the desktop team meeting on a weekly basis like it used to?

Even better.  We now have team meetings 5 days a week (Monday - Friday,
with some exceptions for holidays) from 10am to midnight, US Eastern
time.  Like all meetings, sometimes we adjourn early, and sometimes we
run late.

> Given that Fedora desktop specific discussions do get taken and not much
> of it in this list, the benefit of having a designated time for meeting
> on irc and discussing plans is to allow people to participate more. Even
> if you do have to hang around on a IRC channel all day, you wouldn't be
> able to follow the discussions there 24/7.

Even if we do have a time, we are going to cut out a lot of people who
are sleeping during the 1 hour period, or are at work and are unable to
get on IRC.  This was the case when we had our weekly meetings: we were
always getting complaints from people who wished to participate but
could not make our meeting times, no matter when we scheduled it.  We
feel the longer and more frequent meeting time allows more people to
join in.  Still, if there are people who are unable to make it to our
meetings, we invite them to use our mailing list.