Regarding Compiz Fusion

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:42:18 UTC 2008

2008/10/12 Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net>:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:44:22AM +0530, Shambo Bose wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think if possible Compiz Fusion with Emerald theme manager should be added

they are in fedora repositories .. search for compiz-fusion-*

>> to the fedora repository and it should be made available out of the box for
>> a better desktop user experience.

for enabling it by default, yup, like Axel mentioned, theres some
problem with driver, but do also note that theres another problem
which is Compiz Fusion won't work properly with the compiz setup in
Fedora (which is to use the gconf plugin instead of the ccp plugin).
I've asked several times to compiz-fusion developers, and the latest
answer i got is that they will never be supporting it. So, in current
setup, only core compiz can be run by default .. for compiz-fusion, it
won't work properly unless started using compiz-manager or fusion-icon
or executed manually using "compiz ccp" command (all of which IMHO, is
quite hackish)