gnome-wm and "compiz ... glib gconf" vs "compiz ... ccp"

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Oct 19 22:12:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 05:46:25PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 22:08 +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > some of the compiz plugins will not work properly unless compiz is
> > started with the ccp plugin instead of glib/gconf.
>
> Sounds like those plugins are broken and need fixing ?

Honestly I have no idea, other than seeing that people on the web as
well as most compiz/fusion tools seem to suggest doing so.

If it's a bug then compiz & compiz-fusion are obviouly aware about it,
since they provide workaround in their tools (and with compiz &
compiz-fusion I mean core devs & community). And if they provide two
workarounds, then either the bug is currently too involved to be fixed
in a timely manner or it is not a bug but intended behaviour.

In either case it would be nice to have Fedora work properly out of
the box. If it's a bug and does get fixed one day we can go back to
glib/gconf instead of ccp. Is there any reason otherwise not to just
patch gnome-wm to use ccp now?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net