Browser mode for nautilus

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 15:45:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 10:25 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:

> FWIW, I personally don't think any of these are good answers. Often I
> think it would be useful if we had a good dictator to tell us what to do
> (in the Linus is the dictator of the kernel way).

It could work this way, at least for areas of influence.  The Desktop
SIG has essentially been given carte blanche over the (GNOME) Desktop
experience, with the (minor/major) exception of the artwork.  If the SIG
so decides, they can elect or appoint said dictator who can make all
these decisions.  That's nearly how the release engineering team works,
I'm a dictator however I do have people vote on issues mostly so that I
can make sure that we've discussed things to a reasonable majority
opinion before I dictate.  It's not so much as voting as opinion
polling.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!