Browser mode for nautilus

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 01:42:19 UTC 2008

2008/10/28 David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com>

> On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 00:21 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> > I, for one, would be happy to push for davidz to be the "desktop
> > dictator",
>
> Thanks for the, uh, endorsement. But I don't think I'm the right person;
> first of all I've already got a ton of commitments (the mythical
> dictator position would be a full time job I think), second we probably
> need someone who's, uh, more, let's just say, more patient and nicer
> than me on mailing lists (I know I can come across as a real asshole).
> But I'd be more than happy to keep the dictator(s) honest!

No worries, Linus, after whom this idea was molded, isn't exactly known for
his diplomacy and people skills either - I think it would be a downright
requirement for the post to be sort of dick when called for. I know you are
busy and regardless of Fedora ever adopting such a position it's likely
there would be a great deal of interaction seeing as all our desktops are
belong to hal/devicekit. The reason to make such an endorsement is mostly
because whenever such an idea is proposed the only responses seem to go in
the direction of the impossibility based on who should be appointed.. giving
an example of the qualities such a position would entail seems more
productive.

- David