Polishing the F10 desktop

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 21:03:13 UTC 2008

Around beta time, the destkop team usually starts tracking minor polish
issues, like nonworking menuitems, missing or wrong icons, etc.

Traditionally, the tracker bug for this effort has been called
'yellowpad' (an actual yellow pad was involved in very early iterations
of this process). This time around, I've given it the more neutral alias
'F10DesktopTarget'. For more serious bugs (like 'no sound' or 'my panel
crashes') we have the 'F10DesktopBlocker' tracker bug.

How you can help:

- Install an F10 beta desktop or boot the F10 beta live cd
- Look around on the desktop for polish issues
- File bugs for the issues you find, and put them on the appropriate
blocker

Lets squash those bugs !

Matthias