Nightly attempts of live image creation

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:44:41 UTC 2008

> I assume a good chunk of these is because we need to reinstate the removal of gnome-games and yelp, but there
> some which are not explainable that way. E.g the new gimp now pulls in WebKit-gtk.

I'd say it's rather unfortunate that the switch from xulrunner to webkit
is not synchronised in upstream gnome projects, e.g. epiphany stayed for
one another release with xulrunner as its default backend (because of
still lacking features in webkit) and now I see, gimp already
switched :-/ For future it's probably better, because we will be able to
drop xulrunner and firefox in favour of smaller, but feature comparable
(when webkit-gtk implements some missing functionality), epiphany and
webkit-gtk, but the transition state will be pretty hard, since we'll
need both during that time...

Martin